What is your environmental policy?
Walsall Airport Transfers Environmental Policy
Last Reviewed: 10/01/14
Next Review: 10/01/15
Walsall Airport Transfers recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods, with regular review points. We will encourage customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to do the same.
Charanjit Mannu is responsible for ensuring that the environmental policy is implemented. However, all employees have a responsibility in their area to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met.
We endeavor to:
- Comply with all relevant legislation and regulations.
- Regularly review the environmental impact of our activities, endeavor to reduce our overall environmental impact and prevent waste using best practice techniques.
- Involve employees in our environmental program and provide necessary training to enable them to discharge their responsibilities.
- Sustain a program of continual improvement in environmental performance incorporating suitable measurement and monitoring mechanisms.
- Work with key suppliers to encourage them to develop environmental best practice
- Improve resource efficiency (including our use of water, energy and raw materials).
- Continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- We will minimise the use of paper in the office. To encourage this no emails will be kept in paper format unless essential. We have migrated from a paper base to a fully computerised system. We have decided to change our method of advertising and reduce the number of leaflets printed.
- We will seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products.
- We will reuse and recycle all paper where possible, please use the recycling bin where possible.
Energy and Water
- We will seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible. To encourage this construction work will commence on 01/05/14 which will rewire the office and replace tube lights with super power saving led bulbs.
- Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use. Non-essential lights will be changed to sensor lights to encourage staff to reduce waste.
- Heating will be adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
- The energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be taken into account when purchasing.
- We will consider the installation of a bio fuel boiler and solar panels.
- We will evaluate if the need can be met in another way.
- We will evaluate if renting/sharing is an option before purchasing equipment.
- We will evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase.
- We will favor more environmentally friendly and efficient products wherever possible.
- We will reuse and recycle everything we are able to.
- We have reduced the impact that company vehicles have on the environment year on year, from standard vehicles to lpg, now to skoda fabios (one of the best in its class), by September 2014 we should have our first electrical vehicle in for testing.
- We have encouraged our self-employed drivers to think greener, this has been achieved by financial support towards buying greener cars, and on-going financial support for the running of these vehicles.
- We will make additional efforts to accommodate the needs of those using public transport or bicycles.
- We have reduced our zones to micro zones, this enables drivers to do less dead mileage and encourages better fuel efficiency.
Maintenance and Cleaning
- Cleaning materials used will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- Materials used in office refurbishment will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
Monitoring and Improvement
- We will comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- We will continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- We will continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- We will incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- We will review this policy and any related business issues at our monthly management meetings.
- We will involve staff in the implementation of this policy, for greater commitment and improved performance.
- We will update this policy at least once annually in consultation with staff and other stakeholders where necessary.
- We will provide staff with relevant environmental training.
- We will use local labour and materials where available to reduce CO2 and help the community.
This policy is publicly available on request.